Professional quality sound and high-level functionality are what distinguish the ICD-MX20VTP Digital Voice Recorder. Whether you're recording grandma for an audio-genealogy or interviewing a famous celebrity, Sony has designed a device that makes super-pro recordings and is built to last.
It features up to 705 minutes of recording time on the supplied 32 MB flash/memory stick hybrid storage. This dual memory records dictation on the built-in Flash memory or the small, compact, high capacity memory stick. The memory sticks are removable and allow recorded cards to be readily replaced for additional recording.
Sony has equipped this device with several features that will make you feel like you have your own recording assistant. The memory stick offers the ability to organize message folders by type, offering the ultimate in efficiency and versatility. You can store messages in up to 300 folders, helping you keep recordings organized and easily accessible. The advanced digital voice operated recording (VOR) feature actually stops recording during silent pauses, saving valuable recording time. Then, thanks to the digital buffer, this intelligent machine begins recording again without missing a single syllable. Plus, the ICD-MX20VTP has a full function LCD display, showing the number of recorded messages, recording length, date, time, and a remaining battery power indicator.
The ICD-MX20VTP features a slide control switch for quick, responsive recording; built-in stereo and directional mic functions for recording in different environments; and a playback speaker. All this functionality is powered by two AAA batteries that should run for up to 10 hours continuously.
With the voice email function, you can record spoken email messages and send them later as audio attachments. The included PC download software will help you master this functionality. And with the Dragon Naturally Speaking Preferred Voice-To-Print Software, you can easily convert your recordings into text. Finally, the digital recorder comes equipped with USB connectivity for high speed copying of files to a PC.
- Includes Dragon Naturally Speaking™ Preferred Voice to Print Software to easily convert your recorded files into text.
- Hybrid Storage -- 32MB Flash1/Memory Stick PRO™ Duo Slot2 --- records dictation on built-in Flash Memory or small, compact, high capacity Memory Stick® Duo and Pro™ Duo media cards, and allows recorded cards to be readily distributed for processing; different cards in capacities from 32MB to 512MB can be inserted into the unit for different applications.3
- New STLP Recording Mode Up to 2 Hours 45 Minutes Recording Time Offers a longer recording time while maintaining 2-channel recording.
- Up to 11 Hours 35 Minutes Recording Time (LP Mode)
- Over 300 Personalized Folders on each Memory Stick media card provides ability to organize message folders by type, such as Sales Letters, Customer Service Replies, Memos, Action Items, Personal, and more, offering the ultimate in efficiency and versatility.
- Built-in Stereo and Directional Microphones for extra convenience, eliminates the need for an external microphone.
- USB 2.03 Compatible via USB port on a PC.
- Digital Voice Up® and VOR (Voice Operated Recording) stops the recording during silent pauses, saving valuable recording time, then begins recording again without missing a single syllable thanks to the digital buffer.
- Recording Monitor Function Allows the user to listen to the recording level by using headphone while unit is recording.
Product Description Sony ICD MX20VTP - digital voice recorder
Product Type Digital voice recorder - flash based
Dimensions (WxDxH) 1.5 in x 0.7 in x 4.3 in
Weight 3.4 oz
Digital Recording Time 695 min - LP (Long Play), 165 min - STLP (Stereo Long Play)
Built-in Display LCD
Flash Memory 32 MB
Speaker(s) 1 x speaker - built-in
Headphones Headphones - binaural - stereo
Microphone Microphone - built-in - stereo
PC Interface Supported Hi-Speed USB
Battery 2 x battery - AAA type
What's in the Box
ICD-MX20VTP digital voice recorder, 32 MB memory stick, Dragon Naturally Speaking Preferred Voice to Print Software, PC download software, earphone, USB cable, two AAA batteries, and carrying case. SONY ICD-MX20VTP SONYICD-MX20VTP