Copiers -- Copier Guide
Choose the Right Copier for the Best Results!
How many copies do you average each month?
Up to 2000 monthly
Choose a Personal Copier Model:
- Best value for small-volume offices
- All the basic features, including letter (and possibly legal-sized copying), energy-saving auto shut-off, reductions and enlargements, and manufacturer's warranty
Choose a Business Copier Model:
- Smart step up for busier offices
- All the Personal Copier features, plus enhanced ones like duplexing, collating, faxing, networking, 2-sided copying and automatic document feeding
Choose a Commercial Copier Model:
- Enjoy professional copy speeds combined with in-house convenience
- All the Business Copier features, plus premium ones like image editing, 11"x17" copying size, and more
Limited On Office Space?
Choose an All-in-One or Multi-Function unit to get many different functions in 1 space-saving machine
- Copy, print, fax, scan—or do several functions at once!
- Fewer cables from multiple machines to get in the way
Copy Lots of Detailed Information Like Blueprints or Spreadsheets?
Choose a Digital Copier to enjoy crisper, clearer resolution for handouts, meetings, or frequently-used reference guides
- Graphics reproduce clearer and crisper on digital models compared to analog models
- Ability to scan documents in color
- Easier to edit scanned documents once they're in your computer
Features That Make a Big Difference
Copy Speed (CPM or PPM)
"Copies Per Minute" or "Pages Per Minute"
Faster units cost more, but save time in long run
- Critical if you handle big or rush jobs
- Speeds may vary by complexity of print job
ADF (automatic document feeder)
Feeds pages through machine without having to manually open/close lid each time.
- Great for multiple pages or sets
- May not be top priority, if most copies are single pages or odd-sizes(ID cards/ clippings)
Most copiers include enough memory to run all basic functions
- Additional memory is available for specialized features like "scan once/print many" or page numbering
Paper Tray Flexibility
- Size: choose a tray big enough to handle volume without constant refills
- Multiple trays: needed for different page sizes or surfaces (transparencies)
Types of Copiers
All-in-1 and Multi-Function Machines
Save space - many functions in just 1 machine!
- Multi-task Flexibility: fax, scan, print at once, from 1 convenient machine!
- More compact: many models fit right on your desktop
- Fewer unsightly cables to clutter your workspace!
Should You Stay Traditional... Or Go Digital?
Traditional analog copiers: great copy quality at
- Good choice for routine business needs: letters, reports, spreadsheets, etc.
- Same copy quality as digital at a lower purchase price
- Less costly to fix if service is needed
Digital: More features, better for photos, images
- Better choice for photos or art: more clarity, better resolution than traditional analog units
- More reliable: fewer moving parts than standard units
- Some include editing tools traditional machines don't offer: ability to add current date, page number, or a "confidential" stamp while making copies
No products were found within this category.
Copyright © 2013 Refurb Express